Universal Credit

Stop and Think about Universal credit 

Universal Credit has been rolled out across much of the UK and replaces a number of benefits for working-age households. Universal Credit was introduced in Monmouthshire in Autumn 2015.  It will replace:

  • Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Employment Support Allowance
  • Tax Credits
  • Income Support 
  • Housing Benefit

These benefits will all be paid as a monthly lump-sum to one member of your household.  

How will this affect you?

Once you are receiving Universal Credit, you will be required to manage and budget your money on a monthly basis.  Universal Credit will be paid directly to one member of your household, which may not be the case for you currently. 

If your Housing Benefit is currently paid directly to Monmouthshire Housing Association you will instead have to transfer your rent to us yourself.

What is Universal Credit?

Making a claim

Chat Live now!

Live Support

Our advisors are available Monday-Thursday 9am-4:30pm and Friday 9am-4pm. Thank you.

Useful Information

MHA & Welfare Reform

Helpful Links

Useful Contacts

  • Monmouthshire County Council Housing Benefit Helpline: 01633 644655
  • Shelter Cymru: 0345 075 5005
  • Momouthshire Homesearch: 0345 900 2956
  • Turn 2 Us - a charity helping people access benefits, charitable grants and support
  • Your Benefits Are Changing Helpline: 0300 303 1073

Like Our Facebook Page

facebook like button