Safe Hands is a support service delivered by MHA that offers people living in Monmouthshire a helping hand, keeping you safe and independent in your home and community.
How we help
Safe Hands can offer you a range of support solutions to suit your lifestyle, including:
• Help with filling in forms and dealing with post
• Assistance with budgeting to pay bills and ensuring you get your full entitlement to benefits
• Support you to get your confidence back after illness or a spell in hospital
• Finding out about equipment or improvements to assist you to stay independent in your home
• Assistance with maintaining or making new links in your local neighbourhood
• Applying for housing, moving home or settling into a new property
• Helping you find leisure and social activities in your local community
• Providing support if you have suffered a bereavement
• Helping you to acquire new skills, such as using computers and the internet
How it works
• We will visit you at home to talk about your support needs and agree on any goals you want to achieve to remain independent
• We work with you to find ways of helping you stay safe and independent in your home
• Your nominated Support Worker will plan and agree with you what appointments are needed to help you achieve the goals in your support plan
What Does Safe Hands Cost?
Safe Hands is funded by Monmouthshire County Councils’ Supporting People Team and is free to all residents of Monmouthshire. (Alarms are chargeable).
You can choose to have an emergency community alarm which links you to a 24 hour alarm emergency response centre. The alarm service can contact your family, friends or the emergency services should you need help. *For any queries regarding MHA’s community alarms, please email email@example.com
• An installation charge of £35 + VAT
• £3.55 per week payable to MHA
• Equipment costs
For more information and to apply to use Safe Hands, please contact the Monmouthshire County Council Gateway service on 01633 740730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org