Benefits of Working for MHA
Benefits of working for MHA
Our total reward package offers something for everyone and combines attractive salaries, development opportunities, lifestyle and flexible benefits.
We offer competitive 'market related' salaries. There is also an annual cost of living review.
Monmouthshire Housing Association offers the option of three pension schemes; the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) the Social Housing Pension Scheme and our auto enrolment provider, NEST. Staff are eligible to join one of the schemes from day one of employments providing their contract is for longer than 3 months.
There's a generous annual leave entitlement of between 23 and 30 days per annum, dependant on length of service, plus 8 Bank Holidays and 2 extra concessionary days.
Personal Development Opportunities
We place a high priority on learning and development to make sure our staff are able to carry out their roles effectively and therefore deliver excellent services. As well as providing funding for courses that are required for your role, we also offer generous Study Leave. In 2011 we achieved the Investors in People Gold Award which recognised the commitment we make to personal development. All new staff benefit from attending our induction course and thereafter have a one-to-one meeting with their manager every 6 – 12 weeks to discuss workload and development issues.
There is a Staff Development Review Process which provides all staff with feedback on their performance and agreement on development opportunities.
All MHA employees have access to an e-learning platform (skillgate) which provides access to hundreds of courses for IT (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), Management and Personal Development courses. People can either dip in and do sessions that last 10 – 15 minutes or can do certificated learning of around 4 hours. It is a benefit that people can use in work or at home whether they use a computer in their role or not.
Our standard working week is 37 hours, and most staff are able to benefit from the flexi time scheme whereby hours can be adjusted to balance your work and home life effectively. Under this scheme it is possible to take up to 2 days 'flexi' leave per month, where additional hours have been accrued, and with the approval of the line manager.
We recognise that everyone has a life outside of work and that is why all permanent staff can apply to work flexibly for reasons such as caring for relatives, or to take up hobbies. Subject to a qualification period of employment, staff can also apply to take a career break, for example to travel or to undertake voluntary work. All requests are considered on an individual basis and accommodated wherever practically possible.
Lifestyle and Flexible Benefits
The Lifestyle Benefits offer discounts on a host of products and services, whilst the Flexible Benefits provide a selection of salary sacrifice options some of which may be purchased with tax and NI savings, e.g. buy and sell holidays, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle To Work etc.
Discounted Leisure Facilities
- Torfaen Leisure Centres, Monmouthshire Leisure Centres and Virgin Active offer a discounted corporate rate to MHA staff.
Staff who are required to have regular use of a vehicle may apply for a competitive rate car loan. Repayments are made by monthly deduction from salary for up to five years for new vehicles.
Health, Safety & Well Being
- BUPA Cash Plan - MHA pays for every member of staff to have Entry Level on the BUPA Cash Plan which provides partial reimbursement for certain medical expenses. The Plan also includes access to a confidential Helpline which provides help and advice on medical, legal, tax domestic, debt counseling, stress counseling, and welfare, including benefit entitlement and education. Members also benefit from having access to the BUPA website which provides advice on health and well-being.
- Company Sick Pay Scheme - Entitlement is dependent on length of service with MHA, and more generous than Statutory Sick Pay. Full details of our scheme are provided in our Employee Handbook.
- Independent Counselling Service - An independent counselling service provides face-to-face confidential support for issues such as depression, bereavement, coping with injury or illness and divorce.
- Occupational Health Service - We use an independent, confidential occupational health service which is delivered by a team of health professionals who specialize in occupational medicine. They support us in the rehabilitation of employees returning to work following ill health.
- Working Environment - As a principle we strive to offer a pleasant working environment. Complimentary tea and coffee is provided in all offices.
- Social Environment - MHA is a professional but also fun and sociable place to work. A range of activities are organised throughout the year, which gives our staff the opportunity to interact in a relaxed social environment. This includes a funded Christmas party.